So who here is watching Darkfall for promising signs?

General discussion of any sort
Regular

So who here is watching Darkfall for promising signs?

Postby Tuebit » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Given my past track record of picking them (Dark and Light, Age of Conan) I'm expecting a train wreck ... but I keep a ray of hope that a great game will arrive.

Posting God

Postby Kix » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:30 am

It's called "Metaplace" of course! ;)

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:03 am

was talking to CJ yesterday about it, saying the same thing. ready for a new game to try.
It's not powerleveling...its leveling as fast as you can...with POWER!!

Regular

Postby Urdo » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:03 pm

I am tired of game hopping guys! Obviously - with me going back to EQ2 :)
Vanguard was promising until SOE pushed it to release too early ( and u all remember I was defending it until the end lol). DDO didn't have enough content for me. AoC was good until I realized that it's a solo game with end game grouping and raiding. LotRO I wasn't happy about just because it reminded me of DDO too much (and that game left a bad taste in my mouth :) ). I was happy with WAR until we had to join bigger guild and we got lost in it :). Didn't like the fact that there was a raid progression in the game and that u needed unfair number advantage to beat other faction city (for example).
Now to Darkfall :). It sounds like UO with next gen graphics - I liked UO - no levels and only skills to raise. No level cap might be refreshing - no race to top level tho :) Put me as a "maybe" (look at the first sentence :) )

Regular

Postby Tuebit » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:10 pm

I know where you're coming from Urdo. There have been a lot of disappointments over the last year. Let's hope 2009 is better. I'm hopeful, but like I said, history teaches us that it'll probably be a train-wreck.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:21 pm

i have probably been the biggest game hopper of all, but nothign has caught me to hang on enough as EQ2 and SWG did. I think it is the lack of having enough for us to run a full group (ie its me, skarsol and seige in WAR). i recently reinstalled AoC and that bumps me up to a group of 4 in that game (me, nards, abon and caduces). I'm literally up for whatever game we play, as long as we can play in a group (a big one) i am happy. even if we all shifted back to EQ2, i'd do it in a heartbeat. So anything new thats drawing the crowd us entices me.

Board Veteran

Postby Nards » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:43 pm

I've heard bits and pieces about Darkfall. But, yeah, I think my game hopping days are coming to an end. I love AoC again, and we're doing full raids with just our guild now.
I am intrigued by the non-level based system of Darkfall, but I think my next game will probably be SW:TOR.
Wait...where in the hell is the mission door?

Board Veteran

Postby Kalia » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:51 am

It would be nice if we all were in 1 game together lol. It's fun when we have full groups and get on TS and run around. It seems to be hard finding a common ground tho, at least until Star Wars comes out.

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Is Darkfall the super hardcore PvP game? I'd be up for trying it if the masses of Nar Emiki et. al. did. I just haven't been able to consistently put aside time for gaming lately. I play WoW once in awhile on the weekends, but that's really it. I just couldn't get in to WAR as much as you all. The time difference and my lack of consistent time made it hard to play with you guys, and let's face it, that's the thing I like anyway.

A game without levels to separate us sounds awesome. I feel like that kind of design really gates us and keeps us all apart.

We have a long time to wait for SW:ToR, so hopefully we can find a new game to play soon, one to agree to go back to, or somewhere else to all meet up.

Posting God

Postby Kix » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:54 pm

I hope we find a new game soon. My problem is just that no game is good enough to bother with -- I've done "Kill Ten Rats" grinds so many times that I just can't get enthused about another one.

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Nards » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:26 am

Hey, I just started playing this game, and it's pretty cool. It's called, "Kill Eleven Rats". It's wicked awesome! Way better than any other game I've played before!
Wait...where in the hell is the mission door?

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:56 am

just LOL'ed at work a lil bit on that one.

Board Veteran

Postby Cael » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Finally have a moment to check the boards (work has been hectic since before Christmas)...

I'm curious about Darkfall (esp. if it's PvP heavy), but I think the only thing that's really gonna bring us back together is SW:TOR. In the meantime, I'm having fun in WAR with the PvP there. I seldom have time to bother with raids, and the guild has been going through its own issues.

Of course now that I have a little time, I find out my contract is being terminated 4 months early, so I'm off to find a new gig. Wish me luck!

:roll:

Posting God

Postby Kix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:09 am

Dang, if I'd known lost of you were back in EQ2, I'd have taken the freebie TSO I was offered a couple months ago...

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:11 am

i myself just recently went back to EQ2.....cant figure out my old acct though, so it seems i started a new one.....im a whoppin lvl 8

Return to Nar Talk