Star Wars: the Old Republic

Discussion of past, present, and future MMORPGs
Posting God

Star Wars: the Old Republic

Postby Kix » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:45 pm

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Gene Starwind » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 am

Awesome can't wait for it to come out. Are we all going to team up on the same side this time? If the do it like all MMO's i say we create both a light side and a dark side on different servers.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:47 am

you know im in if you guys are
It's not powerleveling...its leveling as fast as you can...with POWER!!

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:50 pm

I've been totally crazed about this game ever since I heard the rumor. It sounds like your faction is something you kind of develop over time, so probably after playing awhile we'll be dark side/light side divided. I'm sure we can manage to play on 2 servers to get the whole experience. However, I'm sure some of us will prefer dark to light side and it will cause even more havoc in my house as when I went rebel in SWG.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:50 am

easy solution.....dark side.......any questions?

Board Veteran

Postby Gene Starwind » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:12 am

LOL that reminds me of a quote i heard in SWG.

Quote: Come to the dark side we have cookies.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:29 am

and pie

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Sadly, I'm probably the only one who would play light side anyway. I'll be a Sith for you guys.

My favorite quote that Kix heard is "Every time you kill a Stormtrooper, Darth Vader kills a kitten."

Board Veteran

Postby Gene Starwind » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:55 pm

LOL I tell you after playing KOTOR 1 and 2 the Light side was fun and it is easy to get light side points in that game some of the dark side stuff was hard to get. I wish they had a more neutral path. Now all this is based off of KOTOR and seeing how it is the same makers and they are trying to get it close to that from what I did hear I hope it is the say way. I just wish in KOTOR they would let you talk all big and bad but when you do the right light side thing to complete the quest it would give you light points instead of giving you neutral stats. Rambling I have started playing KOTOR 1 again and current I am going down the light path. I just want to be a true Sith in my image of a Sith. That would be some one who does what they want whether it be good or evil. As all true Sith know some times you have to do good things to get what you want. I wounder if they are going to let people who are light side and dark side group up and run around completing things like we use to do in SWG. example the carvet run where me and Kixx would would run around and complete all the objectives so that every one could make a mad dash to look for the vet engine and get to the end to complete the mission so every one could get the badge. Those were the good old days and I can't wait until this comes out so we can get some of that back. I also miss the the days where we would have our own little PvP battles in the city just for fun or going out to help someone collect crystals. If i had emotions I would shed a tear in remembering those days. As we all know I do not so bummer.

For those who are reading this ask Kixx or Emde to break out the old Age translator and speak this in human so that you can understand. lol those were fun times for me to listing to you all say (type) "What did he just say?"

Board Veteran

Postby Gene Starwind » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Emide wrote:Sadly, I'm probably the only one who would play light side anyway. I'll be a Sith for you guys.

My favorite quote that Kix heard is "Every time you kill a Stormtrooper, Darth Vader kills a kitten."

That is why I want to get on 2 different servers and do one Light side and one Dark side. We can play Light one week and Dark the next week that way every one get to play what they want. Besides you know Eicer will have like 100 characters if they let him and half will be Light and half will be Dark and none will have the same hair color or style. Sorry man I could not let that one pass up.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:10 pm

no worries, about the only thing you messed up, is they will probably have the same hair color......white.......woot

im game for two different servers with good/and bad. or maybe they will do like wow, and actually let you play good and evil side on the same server. i think that is a mythic thing that once you set a faction, thats all you can make on that server.

Age's translation: (all those words say the following) Eicer is the greatest and when i grow up, i want to be just like him.

Posting God

Postby Kix » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:55 pm

You WILL join us. You... want to give in... to your HATE!

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:35 pm

I just want the band back together. I'd love to have the whole band back, but I think a few have been lost. Hopefully, they'll come back for this game though.

I can't wait to see Age with a lightsaber!

Board Veteran

Postby Nards » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:04 am

I'll be there, with bells on. Or at least with hawtpants on.
Wait...where in the hell is the mission door?

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:19 am

It's not a party without you and your hawtpants.

Next

Return to MMORPG General