Operation setup thoughts

Star Wars: the Old Republic
Board Veteran

Operation setup thoughts

Postby Eicer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:26 am

ok, so maybe its too soon to start a progression group and just let it happen.

i mainly dont want anyone to get left out of seeing the content with thier guild. I know we are different time zones with some of our members, and i also know we have alot of 50's (think i counted 24 of them last night) but not all of them play anymore. So how about we rotate in people until we get a solid group (or two) for operations on a regular basis?

In other words, maybe instead of making groups by signing up, just have people sign up per night they can make it? And if someone went Tuesday night, then maybe thier counterpart who sat out tuesday night, could go say thursday night or something. I know this means explaining fights to new people etc., but until we get some solid groups running, i think this may be the best strat for giving everyone even a chance to see if they enjoy it or not.

Again, i know this goes against what a progression group is, which i know is what some people (including myself) are looking for, but maybe until the ball the gets rolling we do it this way. I cant think of another way to make sure we include everyone in our guild that wants to go until we can field a full 2-3 groups rolling it.

I personally would like to roll like twice a week and maybe on friday nights also, say from 8:00 to 10:00 on tuesdays and thursdays, CST.

The other thing i think we need to discuss is the Master Looter situation. i know when we killed the first boss, some folks got gear and the others didnt have a chance to roll on it. Not quite sure how this works, but will look into it some.
It's not powerleveling...its leveling as fast as you can...with POWER!!

Board Veteran

Re: Operation setup thoughts

Postby DarkKnight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:52 am

How is switching players in and out going to affect the fights? With new members would that reset all fights?
Where does he get those wonderful toys?

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 am

no, once someone goes into an op and kills a boss, it locks that persons progress to whomever runs with them in the next one, until the resets on tuesday.

example: Me, you and Abon go on an Op and kill the first two bosses. Next run, you, nards and kix go in. Nards and Kix become locked to your progress and lockout timer and will start with you on the 3rd boss.

Regular

Postby Siege_Meister » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:49 pm

I know I have only ran with y'all once in an op and I had a lot of questions that all got answered (thanks to all for giving me the info) and it is not like I don't know how to run in a group it was just that it was the first time for this game and I did not want to mess up to bad. I am not sure if this would help but maybe if the person with the most knowledge put markers on the mobs or the persons leading that op run. Also have a set order that you kill the markers every time so that does not change also if more then one tank is running it the 2nd tank has and order in which he grabs agro. Here is my reason for markers just until every one gets use to the runs. It helps me know which target I need to focus on and makes sure that I and every one else is hitting the same mob so the kilss go faster the tank lives longer and the healer is not wearing out his mouse and hit keys spamming heals to keep us all a live. This is just an option and I hope it helps as far as I go to join the groups I am kind of free all he time so if you are short a person and I am able to help out for now then just shoot a tell
Quest updating? What is that?

Board Veteran

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Hitting on the Lock out system.. What chuck is saying is correct.. also.. just for general knowledge .. when you enter an operation, that has been locked in at say, "boss#3" it will ask you if you want to proceed from that point.
Stelio....Stelio Kontos...

Board Veteran

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Also.. as far as the operation set-up goes.. i am willing to trade out my spot as much as need be so that everyone gets in to see the content. Once we roll that way for a while, we should be able to schedule times and put together groups depending on every ones' availability. I suppose we should try a nightly sign up sheet like chuck was saying to start. So the only question is.. when do we want to start the new system? Maybe after this coming Friday?

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:43 pm

yep cj, thats a great idea, i was going to talk about that for the next run. it definitely goes faster when all dps are on the same mob at the same time

Board Veteran

Postby Abon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:53 pm

My advice, keep the Abon pointed in the right direction. Don't want that going off in the wrong place. He is uber, l33t and a bunch of other words that I don't understand.
Abon - lvl50 BH Mercenary - 400 Cybertech
Proteus - lvl43 Inq Sorcerer
PizzaTheHutta - lvl3 Imp Agent and pizza magnate

Board Veteran

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Word

Regular

Postby Sekhet » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 am

I have added sign ups for Tue, Thur & Fri and posted them on the calendar. Changed things around a bit so instead of having Ops group 1 & 2, we have Ops and Stand By. Calendar is located: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... Y1E#gid=14.

Regular

Postby Pravus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Anyone that is interested in running the Ops should sign up. Please be on time and a group can be built from the list. I know that several of us will step aside for new players to get a run in. Who knows, we might have enough to run a 16 man one night.

Board Veteran

Postby Abon » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 am

Notification...I removed Abon from Friday night. Don't think I will be able to make it.
Abon - lvl50 BH Mercenary - 400 Cybertech
Proteus - lvl43 Inq Sorcerer
PizzaTheHutta - lvl3 Imp Agent and pizza magnate

Return to SW:TOR