Uh. new Republic plan...

Star Wars: the Old Republic
Posting God

Uh. new Republic plan...

Postby Kix » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:10 am

So in the Legacy system, you'll have a way to use Heroic Powers from other classes. Remember that heroic ability thing you never use? It'll queue you to use a power from other toons you've gotten to 50... even cross-faction. So now, I think we want to have Rep AND Sith toons on the same server. Who's, uh, with me? I mean it!

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Re: Uh. new Republic plan...

Postby Eicer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:17 am

im in, ive started a rep toon on the other server, but its only at lvl 5, i think ill be able to start over again.....from scratch.....oh the horror
It's not powerleveling...its leveling as fast as you can...with POWER!!

Board Veteran

Postby DarkKnight » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:23 pm

I have a lvl 6 rep toon on the other server but will do like Eicer and breakdown and re-roll my gunslinger.
Where does he get those wonderful toys?

Posting God

Postby Kix » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:00 am

I could also deal with just leaving Rep on Drooga's, but that's because it's a West Coast server -- and let me tell you, when I'm on at night, I can REALLY see the population difference.

Site Administrator

Regular

Postby Sekhet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 am

Yeah, I was kinda looking forward to a West Coast server myself. =( Plus the fact that I have almost a full contingent of Empire toons on Tarro's Blood. lol

Regular

Postby Siege_Meister » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:54 pm

I have 2 characters on that other server one is lv 18 the other is 12 one tank and one healer

One is a biochem crafter that can craft up to lv 16 or 20 stuff I forget
Quest updating? What is that?

Board Veteran

Postby Abon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:55 am

Not a fan of the multi-server approach. No wonder it is tough to put groups together most of the time.
Abon - lvl50 BH Mercenary - 400 Cybertech
Proteus - lvl43 Inq Sorcerer
PizzaTheHutta - lvl3 Imp Agent and pizza magnate

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 am

I've started my Republic characters on Drooga's and was really hoping we could get some traction there, too. When we play during the week at night on Tarro Blood it is DEAD population wise. There are a handful of guildies on but most of you are long logged out. And PvP is terrible at night late on an East Coast Server. You get stuck with the same people.
You may know me as Emide, Leisanne, Zo'la or Aurange in SWTOR.

Board Veteran

Postby Abon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:00 am

It makes sense. I was trying to understand the general population drop and speculating that more people were playing republic toons on another server. Maybe that isnt the case but playing almost end-game content is becoming more difficult. Havent even run an op yet.

Board Veteran

Postby DarkKnight » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:52 am

I am still looking for my first HM. Want to start getting them going. running dailies is getting bit old, but looking forward to getting some of the gear.

Board Veteran

Postby Nards » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Apparently, custom chat channels work cross-faction now, so I created one called "Naremiki" and set the password to "kix".
Here is a list of commands, with the most important being the second one in the list, /cjoin "channelname" "password"

CHANNELS
/create [channelname] [password]- Create an Channel and an optional password
/cjoin [channelname] [password] - Join an already made channel also including a password if needed
/cleave [channelname] [password] - Leave a custom channel also including a password if needed
/lock [channelname] - Allow only invited players to join the channel
/unlock [channelname] - Allow all players to join the custom channel
/cinvite [channelname] [player] - Invite someone to the custom channel
/password [channelname] [password] - Set a password for the channel
/password [channelname] - Clear a password from a channel
/ckick [channelname] [player] - Kick a player from the channel
/ban [channelname] [player] - Ban a player from the channel
/unban [channelname] [player] - Unban a player from a channel
/mod [channelname] [player] - Give a player the moderator status in the channel
/unmod [channelname] [player] - Remove mod status from a player
/mute [channelname] [player] - Remove the ability to send messages on the channel
/unmute [channelname] [player] - Grant the ability to send messages on the channel
/moderate [channelname] - Set the custom channel to only let moderators speak
/unmoderate [channelname]- Set the custom channel to let anyone speak
/channellist - List all custom channels you are on
/list [channelname] - List the players on the custom channel
Wait...where in the hell is the mission door?

Board Veteran

Postby Flex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:00 am

HA!! good thing i rolled my rep toons on the same server... i knew it was coming with this legacy business... i found out about this little gem last night while setting up my legacy family tree...
Stelio....Stelio Kontos...

Board Veteran

Postby Abon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 am

Same server, I'm in. What toon type should I roll?

Board Veteran

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:51 am

I am going to delete my Rep toon because of the Leagacy buff bonus. I will have the same one with my sniper. I am going to roll a Trooper and might give my hand at healing. Not 100% sure yet but that is what I am looking at.

Regular

Postby alanon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 am

As soon as they bring about server transfers I'll do eet, mebbe even move my Imp toons over there as well. Is it even possible with the legacy system to have it cross servers for your family tree and unlocks? For the moment, I just don't have the time unless I completely abandon all of my Imp toons to create new Rep baddies from scratch. I don't mind playing either side, but I know for me it's just not feasible to start over again brand new. I just wish that Bioware would start merging servers to combat the population issues that a majority of players are experiencing. They made WAY too many servers, last count was over 250, for a rush of players that they overestimated. On top of that they actively encouraged players to seek out new servers as they were creating them in order to avoid long server queues. If you look at the server list 99% of the servers are categorized as "light" or "standard" populations with only 2 or 3 being considered as "high" population. I'm not sure this means a mass exodus of people leaving the game, I think it means that Bioware spread its player base over too large a spectrum of servers. It absolutely sucks to log on with my time frame and only see seventy people at most at the fleet, with only a few people online in guild, and there being next to none of chat spam for people trying to do HM's (I generally don't play later in the evening EST time when most people are online because I work early early in the morning). Anywho... off my soap box. I think I'll wait for server transfers to become available rather than re-roll rep side on another server.

Alanon

Next

Return to SW:TOR