Question #1: Auto-equipping / switching for Skinning

The latest entrant from the creators of the original Everquest
Regular

Question #1: Auto-equipping / switching for Skinning

Postby Tuebit » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:19 pm

Anyone got any suggestions on the best way to switch equipment when skinning in the field?

I seem to have to equip my skinning knife manually before I skin a critter. Worse still, if I want bonuses (not that I have any), I'd have to switch my character gear completely. Then switch back to adventuring gear for the next kill.

Board Veteran

Postby Cael » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:41 am

You can have a set of gear for each "domain" (e.g., adventuring, crafting, harvesting, diplomacy) equipped at the same time. The only time I need to switch gear is when I need to switch between different diplomacy pants or different harvesting tools.

Even then, you can have 2 different harvesting tools in your harvesting toolbelt (separate purchase) and the game will automatically equip the correct tool from your toolbelt.

I hope that makes sense and helps.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:20 am

T

your gear should switch to your harvestig gear automatically when you harvest, also, back to adventuring when your done. Secondly, on your harvesting tab, you should have a belt, open that belt (8 slots i think) and drop all your tools in there. It will auto equip whatever tool you need for what you are harvesting.

Also, it is a good idea to buy (the free one) of every tool there is for harvesting. Group harvesting allows you to assist someone else in the group that is harvesting a node even if you cant.
It's not powerleveling...its leveling as fast as you can...with POWER!!

Return to Vanguard