Board Veteran

1 day......

Postby Eicer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:35 am

only 1 day left for preorders...

I plan on bieng on the hilsbury server

Thestran human cleric
Thestran human ranger

Im about 95% confident these are the two toons i will play
It's not powerleveling...its leveling as fast as you can...with POWER!!

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:23 am

And with 90% confidence I say you'll reroll. :)

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:31 am

Emi im dissapointed in you....you should have higher expectations of me than 90% lol............

Posting God

Postby Kix » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:45 am

I figure that by the time I get my copy you'll have picked the character that you'll stick with for 8 days (+/- 2) until you decide you'd rather have a different hair color, or you see some other character do something well once.

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:48 am

I love that my friends know me so well.

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:59 pm

SWG was so perfect for you because you could always changed your profession and looks... unless you decided you wanted to change races or gender.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:17 pm

speaking of SWG, this game has some aspects of SWG that i like.

1) no quick travel...that to me was one of the funnest (yes thats a word). I remember making a run to the crystal caves that took about 45 mins, and half the party didnt make it. And for those imperials (woot) running to the imperial palace on Lok from Nym's. and staying there for weeks cuz you didnt feel like running back.

2)player housing...probably the best part, if it wasnt for that, i would have never met any of you people

Anyway, was discussing this stuff today with some people, and this game is starting to make me have a lot better outlook on it. It's not your normal game where all there is to do is go kill stuff and lvl up. Wide open maps, no official direction on where to go, reminds me alot of SWG.

Regular

Postby Siege_Meister » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:36 pm

The thing I remember the most funniest from SWG.
I remember this certain person (I will not name any names) who was grinding through professions to try and get a jedi. After he had read his 4th holocron he started grinding the easy professions like in the entertainer tree. This person got so mad when he had mastered the profession that let you change all the looks and stuff of a character. That he did the slap emote on the trainer and right after that person got the message that they could now create a jedi. That was one of the funniest moments for me.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:56 am

well while we are remeniscing (sp?) there were two funny moments that i remember, and it probably wont be funny to anyone but me.

1) nards going AFK during a wedding ceremony (wouldnt have been to funny except a bunch of people were there, and he was the leader of the ceremony)

2) a fish guy in white rasta gear running across naboo, saying he was the greatest cuz he was a jedi

oh yah, number 3...the first time i ever heard the word "woot"

Posting God

Postby Kix » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:38 am

Wait, no quick travel is one of your favorites? This from the guy who bitches to no end about the length of griff rides?

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Emide » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:55 am

Yeah, I remember that you complained about shuttle wait times and you thoroughly enjoyed your first mount and vehicle... :)

Nards going AFK at my wedding was da bomb.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:33 am

yah yah yah, i know i bitched, and griff rides are long cuz they are boring, running was fun, cuz you actually had to dodge and maybe even fight stuff.

In other words...the standing around waiting while doing nothing is what sucked. and yes, mounts and vehicles were cool too, but again, you had to be there controlling it.

Regular

Postby Siege_Meister » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:48 am

Wait there was a wedding? Were was I at? How come I was not invited? That fish dude sounded like he would have been cool to hang out with. W00t. Ah the good old days. If there was only some way to bring them back. Oh well times change but there is no reason why we can't look back and enjoy them over a drink.
Make a new forum call "Remembering the Old Days" that way we can all share the good old times together instead of remembering them all alone.

Return to Vanguard