Vanguard Info

The latest entrant from the creators of the original Everquest
Board Veteran

Vanguard Info

Postby Cael » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:11 pm

Since it sounds like at least some of us are going to be venturing into Vanguard come 1/29/07 (or sooner)... Here's a little info that might be useful:

Official Vanguard site with tons of info on the game, lore, forums, etc.
http://vanguardsoh.com/

StarShadow guild site, guild that I belong to that will be spearheading our presence in Vanguard.
http://www.star-shadow.com/ssfor2/viewforum.php?f=65

Ten Ton Hammer Vanguard site, for non-official and community stuff
http://vanguard.tentonhammer.com/

...and just to be clear, I'm not an expert on Vanguard and am not yet in the beta, but I am intrigued by the scope of the game and think it'll be a great one for a community like us.

Posting God

Postby Kix » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:05 pm

What is your impression of your guild? Will they appreciate a gang of "casual hardcore" players like us?

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:18 am

yah, it might be a few of us too. maybe 5-6...and i think Age is coming back and playing this one as well.
It's not powerleveling...its leveling as fast as you can...with POWER!!

Board Veteran

Postby Cael » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:59 pm

As far as StarShadow goes, they're pretty typical of a large, multi-game guild, in that they realize that certain games will catch folks' attention, but gamers are a fickle group.

I ran across them in DDO and when we all bailed on that, a group of us headed over to EVE and continue to play together. They've been around since AC (like me) and still active in a variety of games. There's big interest in Vanguard, so they're coordinating the guild presence, starting with Beta.

I've never had trouble with them, and found them to be really helpful across the board. I wouldn't suggest this coordination with them if I didn't think we'd be a good fit.

By the way, I don't expect that y'all will want to join SS, but I'm sure you'd be welcome if we wanted to do it that way. I'm not sure how Vanguard guild structures are set up, but maybe we could form an allied guild. I'll try to learn more...

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:17 am

I've made some posts on the other forums and heard back from a few peeps, it seems that joining that guild in Vangaurd seems to be a great a possibility. That is if they will have all of us.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:30 am

time to get back to my roots....will be playing a human sorcerer in this one. i wish i could do elf, but the peeps i know are playing humans, and no clue how hard it is to get over there as an an elf

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:37 am

Cael...any more word on Vangaurd? Server, starting area, etc. I dont know how difficult it is in this game to move around from starting location to starting location. But any info you can give would be appreciated. I know its still a month off, but hey, im pumped about the release.

Board Veteran

Postby Cael » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:42 pm

I've been hoping to see that info surface, but I don't think Sigil has released any server names yet. In any case, I asked around the StarShadow site and hope to get a reply from Del (or some leader) soon.

On a side note, I've pre-ordered the game and expect to get into Beta in early January (part of the preorder promo) and into the game a few days before launch (also part of the preorder promo). Now, I just need to figure out what race/class to try first...

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:56 am

preordered last friday...gonna try a thestran human mage first i think

Posting God

Postby Kix » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:47 am

What is there a need for? I'll even consider a healer again, if there's a need for it and some folks want to level a little slower so I can keep up :)

Site Administrator

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:17 pm

In the grand scheme of things, i will probably have 1 of at least every profession just to see which one i like best. And will even play a tank again if we need one of those :?

Board Veteran

Postby Nards » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:26 pm

I'm excited to get back into a game with you all.
Wait...where in the hell is the mission door?

Regular

Postby Tuebit » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:28 pm

I think I'll try Vanguard as well. I read that there will be player housing and *eventually* player cities. w00t. And ships! And horses!

Is everyone joining Cael's guild?

I'm willing to be whatever ... although, I suspect I'll play so infrequently that I won't be much use.

Board Veteran

Postby Eicer » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:50 pm

An infrequent dancing female tandoshin is always welcome with me :o

Board Veteran

Postby Nards » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:41 pm

maybe I should be a diplomat or something. Something that doesn't require as much time leveling.
Wait...where in the hell is the mission door?

Next

Return to Vanguard